Matrix Wood Burning InsertBy: Osburn Wood Burning Stove Fireplace Products
This updated version of the Matrix wood insert will seduce you with an average particle emission rate as low as 1.54 g/h. The latest modifications made to this box are well in tune with the industry standards required for 2020. Although it retains a unique style that is both massive and sleek, we have reviewed the door mechanism to make it more functional. Adding a set of intermediate trim panels may be required to complete your masonry hearth. Always the same legendary Osburn quality.
Note that in order to install the optional projection kit AC01323, one of the optional faceplate backing plate kit AC01322 or AC01332 must be purchased separately to secure the projection kit to it.
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² : ()||500 - 2,100|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³ :||2.4|
|EPA loading volume-ft³ :||2.02|
|Maximum burn time : ()||8 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood : (2)||75,000 BTU/h (22.0 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate < : (2) (3)||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW) to 28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||69 % (HHV) (4)||74 % (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum overall efficiency : (6) (7)||77 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency : (8)||75 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (9)||1.54 g/h|
|Average CO : (10)||89.4 g/h|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(9) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||20"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||Liner - ULC-S635, CAN/ULC-S640, UL1777|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||491 lb (223 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||19 5/8" X 11 7/8"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||90|
|Overall dimension (Height)||25 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||36 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||23 1/8"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||8 3/4"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||17 1/2"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||21"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||16 3/4"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Height)||23 3/8"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Width)||28 7/8"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Depth)||19 5/8"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA / ASTM WK47329|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – combustible side mantle to unit||9"||9"|
|Clearance – combustible top mantle to unit||27"||27"|
|Clearance – combustible side wall to unit||16"||16"|
|Clearance – minimum floor protection in front of the appliance||18"||16"|
|Clearance - from the top of the unit to the shelf||27"|
|Clearance – from the top of the insert to the shelf||27"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
Install and Owners Manual