The new standard lowering the fine particulate emission threshold will be conquered by the recent certification of the Osburn 2000 wood burning stove. This revamped version now offers an incredibly low average particulate emissions rate of only 1.54 g/h, a maximum heat output of 75,000 BTU/h and 77% optimum efficiency. This insert still has a 2.4 ft3 combustion chamber and a 144-CFM variable speed fan that is strategically positioned to redistribute heat throughout the room.
Designed to receive an optional faceplate that can cover a masonry hearth up to 32 inches (81 cm) high and 50 inches (127 cm) wide. A steel door overlay is available in black or brushed nickel as well as faceplate trims. Look no further, treat yourself to Osburn's legendary quality!
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² : ()||500 - 2,100|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³ :||2.4|
|EPA loading volume-ft³ :||2.02|
|Maximum burn time : ()||8 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood : (2)||75,000 BTU/h (22.0 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate < : (2) (3)||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW) to 28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||69 % (HHV) (4)||74 % (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum overall efficiency : (6) (7)||77 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency : (8)||75 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (9)||1.54 g/h|
|Average CO : (10)||89.4 g/h|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(9) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||20"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Type of chimney||Liner - ULC-S635, CAN/ULC-S640, UL1777|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||432 lb (196 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||17 1/8" X 10 1/4"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||144|
|Overall dimension (Height)||23 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||28 3/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||26 3/8"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||9"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||17 1/2"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||21"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||16 3/4"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Adjustable threaded legs||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Height)||23 3/8"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Width)||28 7/8"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Depth)||15 3/4"|
|USA standard (emissions)||Comply with EPA 2020|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|