Osburn 3500 Wood Burning Stove
Ask an Expert+1 (800) 969-9592
From local brick-and-mortar store in Connecticut since 1999 to America's favorite fireplace e-retailer
With the same sleek, modern style and vastly improved performance, the Matrix wood burning stove will certainly bring a European touch to your home. Let the Matrix wood stove provided you the warmth, safety and coziness needed during these cold winters
You can now personalize your device with the steel or soapstone top and side panel options from a local Quebec City mine, reminding us of the richness of our natural resources. Logs will easily fit under the large firebox, making the Matrix a practical and stylish heater. The Matrix is equipped with a 130 CFM fan to ensure optimal heat distribution. Enjoy the comfort of winter more than ever before!
Discover the additional qualities of the Matrix wood stove
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² : ()||500 - 2,100|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³ :||2.4|
|EPA loading volume-ft³ :||2.02|
|Maximum burn time : ()||8 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood : (2)||75,000 BTU/h (22.0 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate < : (2) (3)||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW) to 28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||69 % (HHV) (4)||74 % (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum overall efficiency : (6) (7)||77 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency : (8)||75 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (9)||1.54 g/h|
|Average CO : (10)||89.4 g/h|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(9) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||20"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Approved for an alcove installation||Yes|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Shipping Weight||506 lb (230 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||19 5/8" x 11 7/8"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||130|
|Overall dimension (Height)||36 7/8"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||27 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||25"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||8 3/4"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||17 1/2"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||21"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||16 1/2"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC-S627|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|