St. Croix Pellet Burning Stove Prescott II EXPSt. Croix
Prescott II EXP
A pedestal pellet stove built for heat that lasts
There’s something appealing about a pellet stove that blends a simple design with intricate details. The Prescott pellet stove has a large 75-pound hopper, which means you'll spend less time refueling. The traditional design of a pedestal base offers a sturdy foundation for the pellet stove. And it’s also available with decorative accent legs, so you can customize it to perfectly fit your space and style—without sacrificing the efficiency you expect and the quality you deserve.
Prescott EXP complies with the 2020 Particulate Emmissions standards using pellet fuel. ASTM E2779-2010 / ASTM E2515-2011
Emissions: 0.70 g/hr
The St Croix Prescott pellet stove is available in two versions. The Prescott EXL stands on legs and the Prescott EXP stands on a pedestal which contains the ash pan. This is a stepped top stove with a flat, but quite large viewing window.
The St Croix Prescott is rated to heat 1,800 square feet and produces 40,000 btu. The hopper is a good size at sixty five pounds, enabling the stove to burn for sixty two hours without re-filling on the low heat setting.
The Prescott will shut down and re-ignite from thermostat control, and will also run between high and low if some continuous heat is required.
Recommended fuels are wood pellets, cherry pits, or a 50% mix of corn and wood pellets.
The control board slides out from the back of the stove when needed, normally it's hidden. It has some useful diagnostic features to tell you whether or not all's well with the stove.
Heating Area 1,800 sq.ft.
Max. Heat Output 40,000 btu.
Min. Heat Output 10,500 btu. Zero with optional thermostat
Automatic Ignition Yes
Manual Ignition If needed
Hopper Capacity 75 lbs.
Burn time 62.5 ours on low heat setting
Fuel Type Wood pellets, cherry pits, 50% corn and wood pellets
Glass Air Wash No
Built in Blower Yes
Convection Blower Capacity 210 cfm.
Thermostat Compatible Yes, available as an option
E.P.A. Approved Yes
Emissions 0.7 gr/hr.
Height: Prescott EXL 31.75 in, Prescott EXP 34 in.
Width 24.75 in.
Depth 26 in.
Weight Prescott EXL 285 lbs., Prescott EXP 299 lbs.
Window Size 13.5 in by 8 in.
Flue Vent Size 3 in.
Top Vent No
Rear Vent Yes
Rear Vent Height Prescott EXL 11.1 in. Prescott EXP 12.5 in.
Battery Backup No.
Exhaust Temperature Sensor Yes
Low Draft Shutdown Yes
Construction Type Fabricated steel
Automatic Shutdown and Re-ignition Yes
Original owner: Five years on steel parts excluding the burn pot, Two years on electrical components.
Gold or nickel door trim
Gold or nickel reveal
The Prescott EXL also has the option of gold or nickel legs
- Daily: Check the air holes in the burn pot and shaker plate, clean if necessary. Rake the ash from the burn pot. Use the scraper rod to clean the heat exchanger tubes. Clean the viewing window.
- Weekly: Empty the ash pan, clean the air holes in the burn pot.
- Monthly: Remove baffle plate and clean the heat exchanger tubes. Clean the exhaust ash traps.
- Check the flue venting every two months during the heating season. Check the condition of the stove's gaskets.
- Summer shutdown: Remove all fuel from the stove and clean thoroughly. Sweep the venting system, vacuum motor compartment behind firebox, clean the convection and combustion fans. Lubricate the versa grate shaker plate with high temperature anti-seize lubricant.