Stuv 21-95 Double Face Wood Burning FireplaceBy: STUV Contemporary Wood Stoves and Fireplaces
Stûv 21, a perfect pairing of architecture and fire
Stûv 21 wood fireplaces are manufactured to blend into the decor, the fire becomes the center of attraction. These modern fireplace models also feature a retractable window that can be raised or lowered for an open or closed fire.
Frameless guillotine glass window
Single or double-sided
A maximum view of the fire
A perfect combination of atmosphere and efficiency
Heat up to 1 800 ft²
(60 000 BTU)
Tilting door for easier maintenance
Wide choice of frames and front panels
Innovative features ensure optimal operation of a Stûv 21
The Stûv 21 convection system consists of two room air inlets and two hot air outlets. It serving two purposes: to temper the combustion chamber of the fireplace and to release heat into the room to warm the house. A shell made of steel and insulating wool allows secure installation of the Stûv 21 into combustible materials.
Once the window has been fully lowered, the door can be tilted forward to facilitate cleaning of the glass and to ensure future maintenance of the seals and other components of the Stûv 21.
The slides for raising or lowering the Stûv 21 glass are placed in the door frame to facilitate access during maintenance. Their impeccable finish means that they are not visible once the wood fireplace door is raised.
Accessible pulley system
The cables and pulleys of the Stûv 21, although hidden, have been designed to be accessible at all times to facilitate future maintenance without having to remove the perimeter and finish.
Large combustion chamber
The combustion chamber of the Stûv 21 is shallow, so that it is used to the maximum of its capacity. You get a guaranteed result : a spectacular fire
When performance enhances the fire
- 1 The air required for combustion comes directly from under the unit through an airtight box specially designed for the Stûv 21 models.
- 2 A deviator placed at the top of the combustion chamber constrains the smoke in order to moderate the fire and provide better combustion.
- 3 Once the gases have burned they are evacuated through the flue pipe.
- 4 The sweeping air flow removes dust due to combustion from the glass providing a perfect view of the flames.
- 5 The air is taken from the room (via two air inlets located at the bottom of the unit) the convection air circulates along the combustion chamber to absorb the heat.
- 6 The heated air comes out naturally from the top of the unit (via two hot air outlets intended for this purpose) and distributes a comforting warmth into the room.
- Maximum length of logs:
- 24" - 40"